Saturday 20 September 2008

Notes from Russia

Noelle writes:

1. I love Ladas! They are so cool. In the words of Joy Turner (My Name is Earl): I wonnit! So our backup plan for coming home is now to buy a Lada, drive to the northeast tip of Russia, catch a boat to Alaska and drive the Lada to Vancouver.

2. St. Petersburg has over 200 universities.

3. You are not allowed to throw toilet paper down the loo anywhere in Russia so most washrooms stink from the smell of the paper in the baskets next to the toilets.

4. Russian drivers are crazy! As crazy as the Mexicans my family may ask. I'd say they are nearly on par.

5. The food here is really good! Loads of pancakes (that's crepes for the North American readers) and great soups.

6. The Moscow metro has more commuters each day than both London and New York combined. And they are beautiful stations (see pics).

7. Russians love ice cream. It doesn't matter what the temperature, you can find ice cream kiosks everywhere.



3 comments:

Blackbird said...

ice-cream - a nation after my own heart. And with the summer weather here I agree that it can be eaten what ever the temprature.

FSB is still reading your blog guys!

Lynsey

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it both pieces of news! Fondest regards to all... S

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear both pieces of news! Fondest regards to all... S