Saturday 6 September 2008

Transportation in Prague

Noelle writes:

I feel like I've been neglecting the blog a little so thought I'd write something about my near fatal tumble in Prague (huge exaggeration).

A word of caution to those attempting the metro in Prague. The escalators are FAST! Two to three times faster than those in London tube stations. Some even have a lovely little decline right before you step onto them of about 45 degrees so that you are propelled onto this super fast moving escalator that is the length of those at Holborn (LONG).

So my guess is that when they first put these escalators in everyone would approach to have a look but would be too scared to actually get on them. So the designers probably went back to the drawing board and decided to put a big invisible slope right before the escalators so that next time people went to have a look they were launched onto it.

Lucky for me Simon was in front to catch me on my first attempt. Funnily enough there are no signs (as in the London tube stations) that tell you how many injuries occur each year on the escalators. My guess is there are either way too many or it's just me. I'll let you be the judge.

No comments: